Hershey India, in collaboration with the renowned Chef Ranveer Brar, brings you an irresistible recipe for Choco-Elaichi Peda and Cocoa-Coconut Modak, especially for Ganesh Chaturthi. This recipe adds a mouth-watering flair to the traditional festival of togetherness, where the essence of harmony, family bond, and spiritual guests coming home truly shines. TheGlitz spotlights these two unique festive recipes from Hershey India and Chef Ranveer Brar that combine the rich allure of chocolate with the sanctity of the occasion and cherish the bonds of togetherness with your loved ones. Enjoy!
HERSHEY’S Choco-Elaichi Peda
• 150 ml Hershey’s chocolate flavored syrup
• 300 gm marie biscuit
• 150 ml condensed milk
• 1 tsp cardamom powder
• 50 gm desiccated coconut
• 10 gm sliced pistachios
• clarified butter, for moulding
• food processor
• 1 silicon spatula
• 1 mixing bowl
• Take a food processor and crush marie biscuits finely.
• Add the crushed biscuit to a mixing bowl and pour HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavored SYRUP, condensed milk and cardamom powder.
• Mix the ingredients thoroughly to form a dough.
• Apply butter or ghee on your palms and divide the mixture into equal small portions.
• Form smooth round balls & flatten them to resemble a peda.
• Refrigerate and use.
Place sliced pistachio or cashew in the centre of the peda before serving.
Hershey’s Cocoa-Coconut Modak
• ½ cup Water
• 1 tbsp Ghee
• 1½ cups Rice Flour
• ½ cup grated Mawa (Khoa)
• A pinch of Salt
• 1 tsp ghee
• 1 cup jaggery / gud
• HERSHEY’S Cocoa Powder ½ cup
• ¼ cup powdered Sugar
• 8 tbsp grated fresh Coconut or desiccated Coconut
• 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
• ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
• 1 crushed toasted Cashew Nuts
• For Modak, add water & ghee in a pot & bring it to a boil.
• Parallelly, mix Hershey’s Cocoa Powder, rice flour, refined flour & salt.
• Add the mixture of flour in the boiled water & blend it in one direction. Turn off the flame & cover with a lid for one minute.
• Get the mixture out in a bowl & knead it into a smooth dough, without any lumps.
• Add in Mawa & knead it again, then cover it with a damp cloth & keep aside.
• Mix all the ingredients required for the filling together.
• Divide the dough in 8-10 equal portions & roll each into asmooth ball.
• Take one dough ball and press it into the cavity of the Modakmould till it is evenly lined on all sides.
• Fill the dough cavity with a portion of the filling.
• Take a smaller portion of the dough and spread it evenly at thebase of the Modak mould to seal the filling. .Demould the Modak from the mould.
• Heat water in a steamer and steam the Modaks for 15-20 mins.
• Take the Modaks out & serve hot.