As the earthen lamps light up the night and the air is filled with the sweet aroma of festivities, let’s come together to celebrate Diwali with a delightful fusion of culture and community. Hershey India, in collaboration with the renowned Chef Ranveer Brar, brings you two irresistible recipes that capture the essence of this joyous occasion: ‘Choco-Coconut Karanji’ and ‘Hershey’s Nuts Barfi.’ TheGlitz spotlights both these Diwali-ready dishes. !
These recipes add a mouth-watering twist to the traditional Festival of Lights, where the spirit of togetherness, family bonds, and the triumph of good over evil truly shines. Try out these unique festive recipes that combine the rich allure of chocolate and nuts with the sanctity of Diwali, and create cherished moments with your loved ones as you celebrate the festival of lights.
• 15-20 fresh dough sheets
• Oil for deep frying
Ingredients for Stuffing:
• Handful of raisins
• 30 gm chopped nuts like (pista, almonds, cashews)
• 2 tbsp HERSHEY’s Spreads Cocoa with Almond
• 4-5 dates cooked & pureed
• 5 tbsp desiccated coconut
• 1 tbsp milk powder
• 2 tbsp HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavoured Syrup
• In a pan, add ghee, raisins & nuts and fry for 30 secs.
• Add in HERSHEY’S Spreads Cocoa with Almond, desiccated coconut & HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavoured Syrup and cook for 2mins. add milk powder.
• Remove it into a bowl so that it cools faster
• Mix well and set the stuffing aside
For Outer layer:
• Take 15-20 ready-made fresh dough sheets
• Hold one of the circles in hand and place ½ tsp of stuffing at the center and seal the ends with water to give it a karanji shape
• Use a fork to give it a unique design at the edges
• Repeat this process with the remaining dough. Make a batch of karanjis and keep them ready
• Heat oil for deep frying.
• Drop in the karanjis and deep fry until golden
• Rest the fried karanjis on a wire rack and allow to cool completely
• Drizzle some HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavoured Syrup on top
• Serve them any time of the day
Hershey’s Nuts Barfi
• 2 tablespoons ghee
• 1 cup cashew powder
• 1/2 cup sesame seeds powder (white sesame seeds toasted and ground)
• 1/2 cup Hershey’s Strawberry flavored Syrup
• 1½ tablespoons chopped almond
• 1½ tablespoons chopped pistachios
• 1½ tablespoons chopped cashew nuts
• 1 heavy bottom pan
• 1 spatula
• 1 barfi dish/plate
• In a heavy bottom pan, add ghee and heat it up.
• To the ghee, add cashew powder, sesame paste and chopped nuts.
• Cook this together till the moisture evaporates. Do not brown the mixture.
• Add HERSHEY’S Strawberry Flavored SYRUP and cook till the mixture is combined and semi-dry.
• Add the mixture to a barfi tray or any plate to set. Set it aside at room temperature for 2 – 3 hours.
- To garnish, sprinkle the top of the barfi with chopped pista and serve.