Simple, quick and fun… Indeed, Lita’s Larder’s tagline is Eat. Play. Enjoy! Home Cook Lita has divulged all her kitchen secrets to TheGlitz on how to prepare simple, easy food in a fun way. For this Sunday treat, TheGlitz presents Lita’s Larder’s super yummy Bread Pudding. The recipe is very simple and easy… and the taste… super delicious. Enjoy!
4 tsp sugar
1 tsp water
For the rest of the recipe
1/2 litre milk
5 buttered leftover slices of bread
2 eggs, well beaten
1/2 cap vanilla
Handful of raisins
Pinch of salt
3 tsp of sugar
- Take a round cake tin. See that it sits in the pressure cooker well.
- For carmelizing: In the cake tin, put 4 tsp of sugar and 1/2 tsp water. Heat it on the gas on medium-low flame. Keep stirring until the sugar turns a rich golden brown colour. Take off the gas and keep it aside.
- In another pan, pour the milk, add the beaten eggs and buttered bread slices. Break the slices into bits and mix it well in the milk.
- Put the pinch of salt, remaining sugar, vanilla and raisins. Mix well.
- Add a tsp of butter and pour the mixture into the cake tin holding the caramelized sugar.
- Pour water into the pressure cooker. Put your cake tin with the mixture in it until 1/4th of the bottom is covered with the water. Cover the tin with a plate and put something heavy on it.
- Close the pressure cooker and let it cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Put off the gas and after the lid of the pressure cooker drops, with a knife loosen the sides.
- Put a plate and turn it upside down until the caramelized side is up.
- Put it in the fridge and leave it to cool for 30 mins. Voila, your bread pudding is ready!